Welcome

WELCOME... I am a student studying interactive media at Weymouth College.
In my course I have been introduced to Blogger where I am now writing blogs about Digital Communications. If you can leave me feed back about my posts, or how you think my page could be improved in general, your comments will be read and will be very much appreciated. Thank you :)

Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Broadband ADSL

Broadband ADSL –
ADSL broadband (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) is the most popular type of broadband. ADSL broadband is supplied by BT and uses a standard phone line to connect people to the internet. Broadband works by converting your normal analogue phone line to a digital phone line which allows to you to transmit data at a faster speed that you would if you were using a dial-up connection.
If you are using an analogue modem you will get an approximate speed of 56kbps. ADSL broadband will allow you to get a speed of about 512kbps or even faster. ADSL can provide internet to 99% of homes and businesses in the UK.

1 comment:

  1. Good, but I found the italic font difficult to read. Remember what was said about W3C protocols.

    ReplyDelete