Welcome

WELCOME... I am a student studying interactive media at Weymouth College.
In my course I have been introduced to Blogger where I am now writing blogs about Digital Communications. If you can leave me feed back about my posts, or how you think my page could be improved in general, your comments will be read and will be very much appreciated. Thank you :)

Wednesday, 8 December 2010



Bluetooth is a wireless technology standard used for getting data from one person to another. Bluetooth technology only allows you to exchange data with people that are a short distance away from you. Short wavelength radio transmissions are sent from fixed and mobile devices. Bluetooth was created in 1994 and was used as an alternative to rs-232 data cables. Bluetooth has its advantages and disadvantages. It can be a good way of transferring images and audio to contacts without having to connect your device to a computer. It is also a good way of over-coming synchronization problems which is stopping you from putting files onto your device. Once you have your device with Bluetooth enabled it allows you to send data for free unlike if you were sending it via MMS. Personally, I use Bluetooth a fair bit when I want to receive music or photos from somebody.  I have received some problems using Bluetooth if I am not close enough to person I am sending/receiving files from. Bluetooth Special Interest Group is managing Bluetooth at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment