Welcome

WELCOME... I am a student studying interactive media at Weymouth College.
In my course I have been introduced to Blogger where I am now writing blogs about Digital Communications. If you can leave me feed back about my posts, or how you think my page could be improved in general, your comments will be read and will be very much appreciated. Thank you :)

Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Vector. Bitmap

Bitmap images are made up of lots of tiny squares. These squares are arranged together to create the effect of the image. If the image is very bright and clear it will have a higher resolution to an image which is fuzzy and a poorer quality. Higher resolution images are made up of lots of little dots which makes the image clear. The fewer dots there is the poorer the resolution. Bitmap images often have a large file size which is not good if you're trying to store a lot of these images. If you enlarge a bitmap image you will be able to see the formation of the tiny squares, this is a big disadvanage if you want to make the image alot bigger because you will lose the quality.

Vector Images are alot different to Bitmap. These images are not made up of tiny squares, they are put together by curves and straight lines Unlike Bitmap, with Vector you are able to make the image bigger without losing the quality. Also, Vector images usually have a really small file size so if you are looking to store lots of images then this vector has a big advantage over Bitmap.

2 comments:

  1. This is a really good post and covers almost everything, there is only one way I think you could improve it and that would be to explain pixels so you can then talk about pixels instead of dots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, I think you're right.
    Its definitely something worth adding

    ReplyDelete